Ampthill & District Good Neighbours
Covering Ampthill, Maulden & Millbrook
What is Ampthill & District Good Neighbours?
Ampthill & District ood Neighbours is a Voluntary Group that provides a link between those residents in Ampthill, Maulden & Millbrook needing help and those who are willing to offer it. The Group acts as a safety net for all residents, young and old. Using local volunteers. Ampthill & District Good Neighbours builds on existing help already provided in the town and also fills gaps in that provision.
Do You Need Help? Then Call:
07833 314 903
Our Volunteers can help if you are in need of the following:
- Shopping / Running Errands
- Doctor / Hospital / Clinic Appointments
- Collecting Prescriptions
- Longer Journeys
- Small jobs (e.g.. changing light bulbs)
- Moving furniture
- Carrying out emergency minor repairs
- Occasional light housework
- Dog walking/other pet care (e.g.. during holidays/illness)
- Cooking/preparing emergency meals and snacks
- Filling in forms (non legal)
- Sitting with someone
- Writing letters
- Delivering a meal
- Befriending regularly
Become a Good Neighbours Volunteer
Are you interested in becoming a Volunteer for Ampthill & District Good Neighbours?
Volunteering for the scheme could not be easier, as Ampthill Good Neighbours are interested in utilizing your skills and experience to help those residents needing help. Ampthill Good Neighbours are keen use what ever skills you can bring to the scheme to benefit the residents of the town, so don't be shy in coming forward!
It is important to emphasize that as a volunteer you can do as little or as much as you want.
The main thing is that you will gain satisfaction and fulfilment in knowing that you are helping your 'neighbours'.
Please be aware that as the scheme will be dealing with younger, older people and other vulnerable adults, you will be Criminal Records Board checked (at no expense to yourself). In addition you will never be out of pocket as out of pocket expenses are paid.
We are currently looking for the following volunteers to assist our vital community scheme:
- Drivers - who are able to provide lifts to and from local hospitals, doctor's surgeries, opticians, dentists and shops. (Your Mileage is repaid at 40p per mile).
- Mobile Phone Holders - who are able to be part of a rota of volunteers who hold the schemes mobile phone (for a week at a time) and accept phone calls from residents in need and then arrange for a scheme volunteer to meet that need.
- Steering Committee Members - we are looking for volunteers to join our steering committee and oversee and provide future direction for our vital service for our community.
- Other Opportunities - in addition we are also looking volunteers that are able to collect prescriptions, undertake small household jobs (such as changing light bulbs, moving furniture, carrying out emergency minor repairs or doing occasional light housework), dog walking or other pet care (for example during holidays/illness), preparing emergency meals and snacks, befriending or gardening.
Don't be put off if you are working full-time or have a limited number of hours available. We would love to find hear from you whatever the amount of time you can give to the scheme. The reward is in the knowledge that you're helping your 'neighbours' in the community!
For more details on becoming a volunteer contact Mark Smith (Chairman of Ampthill & District Good Neighbours) for more details on 402560 (home) or 01234 354366 (work)
- Ampthill & District Good Neighbours Sign Up Form
- Ampthill & District Good Neighbours Information Sheet
Ampthill & District Good Neighbours Website
Ampthill & District Good Neighbours Facebook Group
If you are a Facebook member why not become a friend of Ampthill & District Good Neighbours by visiting:
What does the Ampthill Town plan say about the creation of a Good Neighbours Scheme?
Ampthill, however, is one of the few towns in the County without a Good Neighbour or a Village Care Scheme. These schemes aim to provide easy access to help and support for every resident should they need it.
Establish a Good Neighbour Scheme for the town.
Establish extensions to the Good Neighbour Scheme such as the Link Up scheme that helps elderly and vulnerable residents by fitting door chains, door viewers and other home security devices.
THE VISION FOR THE FUTURE
Active Good Neighbour Scheme across the town.
A Good Neighbour Committee to manage the Good Neighbour scheme.
To ensure that Ampthill continues to be a caring community.
The town supports the establishment of a Good Neighbour Scheme across the town and seeks to provide any additional Link up services.