Influencing Planning Issues
Having an influeunce
How Can I Influence Local Development?
- Talk to Central Beds - www.talktocentralbeds.co.uk - Consulltation on future housing and business growth in the area. Be a part of shaping the areas future. You can download reports from recent consultations and take part in future consultations.
Where can I learn more about planning issues?
- The Planning Portal - your one-stop-shop for planning and building services online - www.planningportal.gov.uk
How can I influence 'the powers that be' with regards planning & housing issues?
Central Beds Council Development Control
- View Planning Meeting Agenda's - Central Beds Council - www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/modgov/ieListMeetings.asp?CId=631&Year=2009
- To View Planning Applications Online - Central Beds Council - www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/environment-and-planning/planning/apps/default.aspx. You can also view planning applications in person by visiting the Citizone (along Woburn Street) or at the District Council offices at Chicksands.
- Communicate your views in person - Speak for up to 3 minutes (for or against an application) at a Central Beds Council Development Control Meeting
- Communicate your views via post or email - to your Ward Councillor and Development Control Committee Member - contact details available at www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/modgov/mgMemberIndex.asp?bcr=1
Ampthill Town Council Planning Committee
Planning Meetings are generally held at Ampthill Town Council on a Wednesday at 7.30pm, when enough planning applications warrant a meeting. Look out for notices posted in the Town Council notice boards. The Town Council make recommendations to Mid Beds District Council regarding planning applications connected with the town.
- View Planning Applications - In addition you can view planning applications by visiting the offices of the council at 66 Dunstable Street. Contact Assistant Town Clerk, Donna Searle for more details on 01525 404355.
- Communicate your views in person - Like Central Beds Council Council you can address the Planning Committee for up to 3 minutes, whether for or against a planning application. Contact Assistant Town Clerk, Donna Searle to register your intention to speak on 01525 404355.
- Communicate your views via post or email - to Assistant Town Clerk, Donna Searle, Ampthill Town Council, 66 Dunstable Street, Ampthill, Beds, MK45 2JS at email@example.com or to your local town councillors - visit Town Council Webpage for contact details.